Under the supervision of the Contracting Manager, (Senior Program Coordinator, Biodiversity), and working directly with the Program Associate, Biodiversity, I. seeks two Freelance French Translators to perform the following duties:
· undertake the translation of four modules each to be completed on a rolling basis but no later than 15 November 2016. (sample module attached)
· ensuring accuracy of terms and terminology used in the modules, and expected to perform terminology research to ensure the accuracy of translation. The translations need not be exact translations but rather should convey the intended meaning of the original language and ensure that the target language is lively, free of jargon, and clear to an intelligent reader who may not be an expert in the subject.
· ensure quality check and proofreading of translation, guaranteeing that no typographical errors are left in the final text.
· Experience: Candidates must have at least five years experience translating texts in at least one of the areas of rule of law, democratic governance, poverty reduction, environment and climate change, indigenous rights, trade and development, or capacity development.)
· Education: Successful candidates must have an advanced university degree in foreign languages, public policy, economics or another related field.
· Language skills: Successful candidates must be of French mother tongue.
· IT Skills: They should also be familiar with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word and Excel in particular).
· Other Criteria: Candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong ability to translate specialized legal and capacity building texts under deadline pressure.
Interested candidates should submit the following: ·
· A resume and cover letter.
· One example of recent, relevant translation work in a relevant field. Each should be no longer than five pages.
· A list of areas of proven translation experience (example: law, democratic governance, poverty reduction)
· The fee for translation, specifying the target and source language. The fee must be expressed in US dollars. [For example: X dollars for translation of X words from English to French]
Prenez cette mission en direct